- 2C Banana purée
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2C Unsalted Butter
- 3T Buttermilk
- 2C Flour (AP)
- 1C Sugar
- 1t Baking Soda
- 1/2t Baking Powder
- 1/2t Kosher Salt
*Preheat oven to 375 Degrees*
- Freeze 3-4 VERY ripe medium or large bananas until the skins are dark. When ready to prepare banana bread recipe, remove from freezer and allow to fully thaw. This step is crucial. You want bananas that so ripe that they are basically purée.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the peeled bananas, eggs, buttermilk, melted butter (warm, not hot), and sugar. Mix on medium with whisk until smooth and light in color.
- Add all remaining dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased (butter or cooking spray) 10" Cast Iron Skillet (Heather, if you're baking in a Butter Pat)
- Place in pre-heated oven for 30-35min or until a toothpick comes out clean from the very middle *You're looking for a very dark brown top to the banana bread.
- Eat with copious amounts of salted butter!
Recipe by: Chef Marian Getz