Orders, Returns, & Warranty
Human hands and human eyes; we make mistakes.
We want to correct them.
Butter Pat products are made to last a lifetime, maybe a couple. We will repair, replace or refund any purchase that does not meet this standard.
Small negatives, surface blemishes (especially those NOT on the cooking surface) and seasoning irregularities are evidence of the hand-cast nature of our product and are in no way detrimental to the use of your cookware. Discoloration of your pan with cooking should be expected and is normal.
Every pan goes through a final five-point inspection before shipping, but our product IS hand-cast and cosmetic judgments can certainly be subjective. We encourage you to keep function in mind when judging small imperfections.
If, within 45 days of receiving your pan, you are not satisfied with our product you may return it in the original shipping box for a refund less the original cost of shipping as well as return shipping costs. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, include your order number and the reason for your return. We’ll email you a return shipping label.
If the pan you ordered isn’t quite the right size, we will be happy to help you with an exchange. Send us an email at email@example.com. Shipping charges apply..
ORDERS, SHIPPING and DELIVERY TIMES
Our molds are poured individually by hand, not by mechanical molding machines. It takes about 21 days to make a Butter Pat pan. It’s a slow process at best. Your order is placed in a first-come first-served queue. If your size is in stock, you should receive your pan in ten days or less.
If it is not in stock the wait is generally about three weeks, sometimes longer… let us explain why.
Not every Butter Pat pan is destined to become a family heirloom. The scrap-rate for a batch of our molds can increase simply from higher humidity levels, a change in ambient air temperature, or a misguided hand tool. We scrap – more or less - 20% of all the molds we make, but it is the fluctuation in this scrap-rate that makes estimating inventory levels and delivery dates so unpredictable.
Your choice of shipping service will only determine how long your order is in transit, not how soon the order leaves our shop.
WITHIN 48 HOURS OF EXPECTED DELIVERY
- Verify that the shipping address listed in the shipping notification is correct
- Look for a notice of attempted delivery at the delivery location
- Look around the delivery location for your package
- See if someone else accepted the delivery
- Some packages travel through multiple carriers; check your mailbox or wherever else you receive mail.
Wait 48 hours - in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 48 hours prior to arrival
After 48 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can contact the shipper.
When you call, please have your order number if possible.
WHAT WE WILL DO
- The first step is obtaining proof, from the delivery company, that the package was delivered.
- When a package is delivered by FedEx and UPS it is scanned with the GPS coordinates of the delivery location.
- We will provide you with a copy of the Proof of Delivery statement, if available.
- If the package was shown as delivered the second step for you is to file a stolen package police report.
- While unlikely that the report will result in a returned package it is the necessary first step to recover the cost from your insurance provider.
Multiple items will be shipped in the smallest number of boxes to single addresses.
If you prefer multiple items to ship to a single address, but in separate boxes, please place separate orders.
Orders to be shipped to separate addresses should be placed as separate orders.