1 tsp Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF
2. Prepare the bird by removing it from any packaging, drying thoroughly and allow to sit in a pan, uncovered in your fridge for up to 24hrs. Minimum 4hrs.
3. Once rested and dried, with a pair of kitchen shears or sharp scissors, remove the backbone of the bird. This is known as "spatchcock." This will allow your bird to cook more evenly and have a crispier exterior.
4. Place the bird breast side up and apply the olive oil on the entire bird. Sprinkle with a bit of kosher salt.
5. Place skillet in the middle rack of your oven uncovered for at least 1.5hrs. The internal temperature of your chicken should read 160-165ºF.
6. Remove skillet from oven and allow to cool for at least 15min. Carve and plate up or pull apart -- it's time to eat! Serve with hot Dinner Rolls and Roasted Veggies.