ROASTED BOK CHOY
Recipe courtesy of Opie Crooks.
- 12 ounces baby bok choy, cleaned and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- J.Q. Dickinson salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon benne oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sorghum syrup (or maple or molasses)
- 1 teaspoon toasted benne seeds (or sesame seeds)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Throw your Heather into the oven and begin to gather all other ingredients, including the lid to your Heather. When ready, remove pan from oven and place over high heat. Add oils to pan. They should smoke immediately. Add the bok choy, water, soy sauce, sorghum. Cover pan with lid. Turn off heat and let stand 4 to 5 minutes. Toss to coat in the pan sauce, sprinkle with benne, season with salt and pepper, serve in the skillet.