Recipe by: Chef Katie Button from CÚRATE
- Kosher Salt
- 4 tablespoons blended oil, divided
- 3 ounces country ham, cut into 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 8 large sea scallops, patted dry, tough muscles removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves, plus tiny sprigs for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound frozen peas, thawed
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a dish. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits, until just tender, about 2 minutes, then add the garlic. Cook, stirring until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the wine, bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced by half. Add the peas and browned ham and simmer just until the peas are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, then keep warm over low heat.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet until very hot. Season the scallops with salt and add to the hot oil. Cook, turning once, until deeply browned and seared, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plates.
Fold the mint into the warm peas and divide among the plates. Garnish with the mint sprigs and zest the lemon directly on top. Serve immediately.